Wednesday 26 August 2015

GHotspot: Romain Roquette

As you might know (or not): Ghent is my hometown. There's (almost) nothing I love better than strolling around the city and discovering new places for food, drinks or anything else that strikes my fancy. It's clear I might be biased when saying that Ghent is a pretty amazing place to live. That's why I came up with this GHotspot (Ghent + hotspot) section in order to let you make up your own mind about this awesome city.





Today I'd like to invite you to take a look at the salad bar "Romain Roquette". It opened up already a couple of months ago, but due to traveling and other plans I didn't get a chance to check it out before. As it is stated on their website (only in Dutch), Romain Roquette is a place where quality, health and authenticity take the spotlight.

Gotta say: they live up to their slogan. Attractive decoration, friendly staff, good food & prices! Not much more you could ask for, I'd say. You can get salads (small or large, about €10) and soup (€4), both to eat in or take-away. I got a large Casbah Delight salad on the go, which was in one word delicious! When I asked for the dressing on the side (I hate being fussy about those kinda things, but I just don't like a "flat" salad), they gave me a big smile, complementing their excellent service.

As you noticed: this place matches Ghent's awesomeness. Of course, perfection doesn't exist. If you'd ask me for one negative, I'd say that the waiting time takes quite a while. However a negative can always be turned into a positive. Here, a long waiting time equals a long queue which equals popular place. On top of that, the waiting time is worth every second of it. And no doubt I'd go back in a sec!

Wanna go there? Find Romain Roquette at 7 Nederkouter, 9000 Ghent.

No comments:

Post a Comment