Tuesday 23 February 2016

The one with the pizza party




I’ve been nagging you (well not so much lately) about “my” pizza recipe. It’s mostly an autumn/winter recipe, so I had to quickly put it up here to give you the chance to try it. Because thank God: spring is on its way! So quickly read on, before it’s too late!

Let me tell you: the dough for this pizza is waaaay too easy to make. The only “annoying” thing – well there’s actually two -  is A. the fact that you need fancy doppio zero flour and B. it’s not my recipe. First things first: when you live in a place like Belgium, there’s no such thing as doppio zero flour in the supermarket. So on Saturday morning I go to the market to by myself some fancy schmancy flour. Of course you can buy it online as well, but I guess that would mean I’d have to buy an amount of flour that would last me a lifetime. Second thing: I found the dough recipe on Mikkel Karstad’s website (weyoutheyate.com – you really have to go check it out). So I didn’t really come up with the entire thing myself, besides the toppings.

Now what do you put on top? Ricotta, mushrooms, artichokes and parmigiano of course! And rocket salad once it’s baked. And a drizzle of walnut oil.

Oh I forgot to tell you: we’re not using tomatoes for this one.

Ingredients

Dough (for 4 pizzas. we mostly make 2 pizzas at a time and put the remaining dough in the freezer. or we just eat it all)
  • 250 grams doppio zero flour
  • 8 grams fresh yeast
  • 250 ml tepid water
  • tbs olive oil
  • tsp salt
Toppings (for 2 pizzas)
  • 2 tbs ricotta
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • Canned artichokes
  • Mix of mushrooms
  • A block of parmigiano
  • Rocket salad
  • Walnut oil

Recipe

I’m guessing that most of you don’t have a pizza oven at home. Just turn your oven to the highest possible temperature.

Dough
  • Add yeast to water and stir.
  • Combine all other ingredients. Add in the water + yeast.
  • Make the whole thing into a dough ball.
  • Knead away: push the dough back and forth, really get into it.
  • Put the dough in a bowl and dust it off with some flour on the top.
  • Leave to rest for about an hour.
  • Divide the dough into equally sized golf balls and knead them again.
  • Make each ball into the shape of a pizza by means of a rolling pin.

Toppings
  • While you’re busy with the dough: drain the artichokes, cut them in pieces and leave them on kitchen paper. That way they can shed excess liquid.
  • Once you’re done with the dough, combine olive oil and ricotta. Give it a stir.
  • Cover the dough with the ricotta – oil mixture as if it were tomato sauce.
  • Shred the mushrooms into rough pieces and put them on top.
  • Put the artichokes on there.
  • Shave off some parmigiano and drizzle it over the pizza.
  • Put the pizza in the oven until the sides start looking crispy and brown-ish. The highest temperature I can get with the oven I mostly use, is 250°C. It then takes about 10 min for the pizza to be done.
  • Take pizza out of the oven, add some more parmigiano and some rocket salad.
  • Drizzle some walnut oil on top. Et voilà, bon’ap!


Since I discovered the dough recipe, I’ve been making pizza at least once every two weeks. Just experiment with whatever you got in your fridge. My current favourite is just a plain and simple pizza with homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella and parmigiano and some prosciutto and rocket added after baking. YUM!

Promise me you’ll try this!

Do you love pizza just as much as I do?

Love,

Julie

1 comment:

  1. The pizza looks great and the combination of toppings sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete