Sunday 3 April 2016

Oh look - it's winethirty


Last night I had a winetime dinner with some girlfriends. We met each other in high school and lost track of each other after. Now that we're all settling down we still don't have a clue about what we're doing, I feel as if we're finding our way back to one another.
You know what I like best about these kind of nights? It's girls only time. No matter what group of friends I'm with, no matter how long ago we've seen each other for the last time: after some time and some wine, there's at least one of us that starts opening up about stuff. Stuff you can't talk about to most other people (read half the world population, because they have an extra physical attribute). 

And most importantly: most of the time I can relate to whatever is being said. Maybe it's the wine, maybe something else. But just the sheer fact of having dinner with friends and being able to talk about things that you didn't even know that kept you up at night, is enough to be extremely grateful for. Cause that's what I am: so grateful for all the amazing people and moments in my life. 

This time a special shoutout to my girlfriends. I always feel so empowered after talking to them. You might call me a feminist (the mister does sometimes), but I feel as if it is incredibly important to stick together as women. Because sometimes you need to be remembered about a part of yourself you've forgetten about - whether it comes to valuing yourself at true worth, or some dream you used to have when you were younger. Or you need to see things from a new point of view. 

Let your friends know what they mean to you. It's worth it. They're worth it.

Have a lovely weekend!

Love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment