Monday 4 April 2016

Weekend recap #3

Sad sad, weekend is over again. But a great one it was. Just like weekends should be - mostly: food, drinks and friends. Ah yeesss!

Friday night, like you could read in my previous post (click!), I met up with some old but gold friends. We went out for dinner and dude... It was A. really good but B. pretty painful. Because of all the healthy food I had over the last couple of days / weeks I'm not used to burgers and booze anymore. It was really good though and kinda healthified at that as well. But boy oh boy, my tummy was in full protest when I got home. However, couldn't resist some extra lime sorbet - as you can understand of course. For Belgium based people: if you're ever looking for a great place to eat in Ghent, go pay Het Lepelblad a visit. So worth it!



Saturday I went out for brunch, just like last week. Again with an old but gold friend. He was in desperate need for a new pair of sneakers, so off we went. Got a warning beforehand that he was kinda picky, but on Saturday he decided the buy the first pair he tried on. Is it me or do I smell a career as personal shopper? After that we found a cool outlet store, where I went loose. Woops. Result later this week ;). In the evening it was time for a new first in my life: we went to see a basketball game. Had no idea what to expect but it was FUN! After that we had Gault Milliau quoted pita (yes that's a thing) so yeah: Saturday was a good day.

 
 
Sunday I had quite the challenge waiting for me: an 18K run. Hadn't done one in forever so I had to wait and see if I would survive. And I did. Very slowly, but steadily. Have to watch out for my knee though. It wasn't really hurting while I was running, but right now it's feeling kinda... tricky? So more ice ice baby to come. Sports meal plan on fleek as well on Sunday: apple pie oatmeal for brekkie, post run two boiled egg whites and a smoothie with Skyr, orange juice, spinach and cucumber. After that I just relaxed and that was that.

I'm excited for a new week to come! What was your weekend like? And what do you have planned for next week? Whatever it is: enjoy it to the fullest!

Love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment