Tuesday 3 November 2015

New endings and new beginnings



I come from a family of bakers on my dad's side. Whether it's by blood or flour, I'd like to think the baking gene is part of my identity. However, there's more that runs through my veins than cooking. For example: a lack of perseverance or self esteem when it comes to going for what I really want. That's why I pursued a business degree, instead of figuring out what could have been a better choice. It was an easy choice.

Don't get me wrong, from a rational point of view I know business engineering was a good decision. But from a passionate point of view, I feel there are more and different things that I want. I always revert to this point where I start thinking about life and which direction to go. And then I don't really end up at crossroads, but at a one-way street. Direction food.

However, I probably sound be a bit short sighted. It's not because I like thinking about food and writing about it occasionally, that I could actually be any good at it. That's why I feel as if I need something to back it all up. Hence, I signed up for a one-year course to become a natural foods advisor. I get to study at home, need to hand in some assignments along the way, and have to take one final exam in the end. The combination of the subject and the fact that it will allow me to combine my current job with studying, is what triggered me to actually go for it.

I have no idea whether I'll like it and several ideas if I do. But it feels pretty good to go for what I think I might like. We'll never know what the future holds. But who knows, if we maybe just try hard enough we can push our own fate into a particular direction.

What direction would you like to see yourself go into?

Love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment