Sunday 1 November 2015

I've been figging about you



Don't you just love it we're in the middle of fig season right now? To me there's often nothing better than a really juicy, firm, fresh fig. I love them in yogurt, with some goat's cheese, just on their own or on a delicious sandwich. And that last thing is exactly what I tried a couple of days ago.


In my mind food often starts like this: mmm figs... (Homer voice). And then I start thinking about all the awesome things I could do with them. Caramelize or grill them, make a salad out of them... - wait, what do I still have in the fridge? You see: it's a whole process.

This sandwich was the result earlier this week: a yummy spelt sourdough sandwich, with some ricotta, fresh figs, freshly ground black pepper, honey and walnuts (of course) and some sage on top. Maybe nothing that special or groundbreaking but dude, gotta tell you that it was delicious!

So go and enjoy fig season while you still can! Don't you feel as if autumn is the best season as well? Tell me: do you like figs? And what is your ultimate fig recipe? I'm dying to try it!

Love,
Julie


2 comments:

  1. Ik heb het laatst voor de eerste keer, oeps, gegeten op een broodje! Vond het lekker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage on top? Insanely awesome!

    ReplyDelete