Wednesday 8 June 2016

and start thinking of food instead





 Hi guys!

When I get sad, I stop being sad and start thinking of food instead. True story. 
See what I did there?

Today is really a day to live by that mantra. Today’s not the best day. I hate feeling sad so I tried to start thinking about stuff that makes me happy. Food for example. Instead of thinking of recipes I’d like to try next, I had to think of some awesome food I made last weekend. I really like preparing some easy, small dishes and then putting them all together on the table in different bowls and stuff. Always looks like a feast! And it’s a great way of emptying your fridge.


On Saturday night I felt insanely tired, so I cancelled on the party I was supposed to attend. Instead I tried pampering myself for a bit. Some typical romantic movie in the background, a glass of wine and of course something yummy to eat. Our fridge only contained left-over veggies and some feta cheese that was about to expire. So I whipped up all the vegetables, added some chickpeas and topped it all off with some feta cheese. And some grilled fish that looks pretty weird, but tasted prrretty good! All combined with a bit of homemade typical dressing: some type of oil (I used plain olive oil I think), some lime juice, apple vinegar, pepper and salt.


It’s the small things that make dishes like this good though. A bit of homemade dressing: some type of oil (I used plain olive oil I think), some lime juice, apple vinegar, pepper and salt. Flat leaf parsley, scallions, fresh-ground pepper. Crispy radishes. Everything, just everything. And like I said: the small things.

So again: no recipe – just get creative in the kitchen! It’s fun and CHEAP! And most of all: this isn’t just food. It’s food for the soul, maybe even food for thought. Peace out.

Love,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment