Wednesday 29 June 2016

No fun things


HEJ KIDS! No fun things to mention today. Besides:


  1. The fact that I got some red wine risotto simmering away.
  2. Red wine.
  3. Red wine two nights in a row.
A small hooray for me! 

So what was I up to the last couple of days? Friday night drinks at work and more drinks with friends. Sunday: lunch with my parents + sister came to visit my new place for the first time. And then I gotta think. Since we're Wednesday already I guess I gotta say something about Monday and Tuesday as well. But however, they were just as boring as Saturday so I'm just gonna forget about them.

Back to risotto and wine. Normally I make white wine risotto, but I didn't have any white whine a n y w h e r e. And as I was already slurping on some red, I made the leftovers in the fridge into a red wine - green asparagus - risotto. Triple score. The most important moment during my day today, was chopping up the flat leaf parsley that I topped the risotto with. Wanna join my little moment of happiness? Read on!

Colour combo doesn't look the best, but hopefully you aren't that superficial. 

What you need (for two: yes we eat a lot)
  1. 2 ladles of risotto rice - I use arborio
  2. 4 ladles of stock
  3. 1 glass of red wine
  4. 12 green asparagus
  5. Handful flat leaf parsley
  6. Lemon: zest of 1 lemon, juice of 1/2 lemon
  7. Handful of grated parmigiano
  8. 1 tbs of butter
  9. 1 chopped onion
  10. 1 garlic clove
  11. Olive oil
What you do
  1. Basic risotto recipe. Heat a pan on the stove. Add olive oil - once hot add the onion and garlic. Stir around until the onion is soft. Add the risotto rice. Stir around until it looks glazed. Add the vino and pour yourself some to drink. This is a typical recipe that requires drinking while cooking. Add in 2 ladles of stock, put a lid on top and let simmer on low heat for 9 minutes. After 9 minutes add the 2 last ladles of stock. Let simmer for another 9 minutes. NO STIRRING IN BETWEEN!
  2. Break the stalk-y ends of the green aspargus and put the bottoms in some cold water for about 5 min. That way they "re-hydrate" themselves.
  3. Bring some water to a boil in another pan and add in the asparagus for 3 minutes. Drain.
  4. Once the second 9 minutes are done, add in the butter and parmigiano. Stir gently.
  5. Add in the lemon juice and zest, stir a bit more.
  6. Ready to plate: put the risotto on a plate / in a bowl, top with some chopped flat leaf parsley, some more parmigiano and black pepper. Combine with the green asparagus.
  7. Bon'ap!
How do you feel about red wine risotto? And what type of risotto should I try next?

Love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment