Monday 28 March 2016

I log miles for breakfast #1


I'm a huge morning runner. So that's why on Easter Monday I rolled straight out of my bed into my running shoes. I got goals to chase! Literally. However, when I got out there was SO MUCH WIND. No other runners out on the street, that's how windy it was. A couple of weeks ago I felt as if running 5K was a huge task, today I did 12K - without any whining nor complaining. When I got home, it was time for high fives to myself.


So I treated myself to breakfast! Hard boiled egg, avocado, berry smoothie and green tea. The best thing after coming home from the cold and rain outside. Sun is coming out while I'm writing though. I'm so full of energy and loving it! Honestly, minor lifestyle changes can already make a huge difference if you're feeling crappy . Whether it comes to food, sports, better sleep... there won't be only physical changes. No the mental changes are as rewarding (or even more so) as legs that look a bit more toned or the fact that you can enjoy an extra slice of cake because you know you'll burn of the calories anyway. I'm really noticing a shift in focus. It's as if I'm starting to learn how to live in the moment a bit more.

Can't wait to enjoy the rest of my Easter Monday: hitting the pool in an hour or so and then it's family time.

What are you up to today? Enjoy it to the fullest!

Love,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment