Thursday 31 March 2016

Ice ice baby #1

 excited / scared / shitfaced running face before running 12K

Hey hey already went for a 12K run this week, still have another 12K and an 18K scheduled for this. It's been forever since I've done an 18K, so please - kill me now! I'm looking forward to it though: the feeling when you're over and done with it, can't be compared to anything else. The one thing that can come in between finishing that half marathon in 3 weeks and me is well... basically myself. A bit scared I'm asking too much from my body in a too short amount of time. So I'm trying to listen to what it has to say, but I guess I'm not a champion when it comes to reading the signs. Or maybe I'm just blind to them.

I'm sitting at work while I'm typing this (ssttt don't tell anyone) and I've been really struggling with my eye sight all day long. It's the first time in forever I'm having this issue, so I'm contemplating all (worst case) scenarios: migraine, fatigue, temporary blindness... I'm planning on going for that second 12K run tonight so pleeaaassse just be an allergic reaction to my office environment.

 
Besides that, I also have a history of bad knees. And apparently there's something wrong with my left foot as well. So lately it's all about the ice ice baby. And compression stockings - gotta love them. Got a feeling it's helping though, so thank God!

Are you training for any races? And how do you cope with a body that isn't functioning the way you want it to?

Love,
Julie

EDIT: I did the 12K last night and woke up early this morning to go for a quick morning swim before work. Oh my word I'm feeling so insanely energised and ready to kick ass to do. So do the same thing: get out there and go get whatever it is you're after. LET'S GO GO GOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment